|This Seems Like a Good Time...
||[Oct. 12th, 2008|12:17 pm]
From bachsoprano :|
Post 10 things that are going right in your life right now. I don't care how small. You're happy with your cup of coffee. You saw a flock of geese flying over. ANYTHING. Things that make you happy. Things that make you smile.
1. My birthday was Thursday.
2. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. That's a pretty good present.
3. New haircut and color always cheer me up: short and red this time.
4.What I wanted for my birthday: to have a nice dinner at home with my family. Yes, that's pretty much what we do every night. It's a nice life, this getting what you want every day.
5. I have an actual plan for all the house stuff that needs to be done this month. With lists and directions.
6. It's cold out. So cold that I pulled out the nice wool and will start a new shawl and sweater today. Fall is my favorite time of year.
7. I'm now working on two novels in very different stages. Both are going pretty well.
8. I have a kitchen full of pumpkins and other squashes. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, squash soup... have I mentioned that fall is my favorite time of year?
9. The short story group that was passed on to me is going very, very well, much as I'd feared it might fall apart in the move.
10. The first trimester nausea/fatigue/brain fog has receded enough that I can actually get things done... now to do them before the belly gets too big for me to move much.